Today, we are going to discuss about the one of the core and very important subject of mechanical engineering.
Engineering drawing is the subject which is also called the language of engineers.
It is a universal language through which one engineer can communicate to another engineer without any great hard work, even with the language or geographical barriers.
Every industry needs engineers qualified in the drawing of engineering. Engineering drawing is the analytical way to represent everything that exists in this world.
This is one of the essential skills that a mechanical engineer should really have.
If you would like to know the purpose and concept behind teaching this topic in universities, this blog will surely help.
This course has the aim of:
- To increase awareness and emphasize the need for Engineering Graphics in all the engineering divisions.
- To follow the basic principles and conventions of drawing.
- Developing competencies in three-dimensional visualization of engineering components.
- The preparation of sectional views of solids.
- To figure out surface production and estimate the need for sheet metal.
- To develop skills for the representation of engineering components in three dimensions.
- To provide students with the basic knowledge and skills in producingEngineering Graphics and with the capability to read and interpretengineering drawings.
- To develop an understanding of solid modeling using soft wares.
Faculty may have certain requirements from students after completion of this course which a student must meet.
Some expected outcomes of the course are following:-
The students should be in a position to
- Prepare drawings as per standards (BIS).
- Solve specific geometrical problems in plane geometry involving lines,plane figures and special Curves.
- Produce orthographic projection of engineering components workingfrom pictorial drawings.
- Prepare sectional views of solids.
- Estimate the sheet metal requirement for fabrication.
- Draw isometric drawings of combined solids and simple components.
- Prepare solid modeling of machine components using software.
I hope this blog provided you some clarification on the engineering drawing and therefore will help you deeper understand the significance of Engineering Drawing.
You may refer to the online content and also the books listed below for more knowledge:
- Engineering drawing- P.J. Shah. / S. Chand.
- Engineering Drawing- Narayana and Kannaiah / Scitech Publishers.
- Engineering Drawing- Johle / Tata McGraw Hill